
"This is a serious violation of the mechanisms for receiving aid, and that Hamas continues to try to exploit the aid mechanism for terrorist activity and incitement," COGAT warned in a letter.
Motor oil was found inside humanitarian aid in a smuggling attempt uncovered in the Keren Shalom crossing, the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) announced on Wednesday.
The motor oil was found inside humanitarian aid transported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), with COGAT's chief, Major-General Yoram Halevi, ordering the suspension of all UNDP aid entering Gaza until a full investigation is completed and the organization presents its findings.
"COGAT emphasizes that this is a serious violation of the mechanisms for receiving aid, and that Hamas continues to try to exploit the aid mechanism for terrorist activity and incitement," said a letter sent to the UNDP by Halevi.
"Any such deviation will lead to immediate measures being taken against the organization responsible for the shipment, until the incident is fully investigated," Halevi warned.
IDF warns responsibility for contents of Gaza aid lies with organizations coordinating them
In the same statement, the IDF warned the organizations coordinating aid shipments to Gaza that the responsibility for the contents of the shipments lies with them. "Any case in which aid shipments are used for smuggling purposes will lead to immediate enforcement measures being taken," the military added.
"The IDF, in cooperation with all security agencies, will continue to take zero tolerance towards attempts to exploit the humanitarian aid mechanism, and will take strict measures against any party involved," the statement concluded.
IDF reopens Rafah crossing for pedestrians for first time since begining of Iran war
The announcement comes 10 days after the IDF authorized the opening of the Rafah crossing for pedestrians, which had been closed for the first two weeks of Operation Roaring Lion.
The decision followed a security assessment and a review of the conditions required to resume activity at the crossing while maintaining restrictions due to ongoing threats in the area.
Officials said the crossing would operate under the same mechanism used before its closure, subject to updated security directives. Entry and exit for Gaza residents will be coordinated with Egypt, require prior Israeli security approval, and take place under the supervision of the European Union mission.
LATEST POSTS
- 1
Rediscovering Experience Through Excursions: Individual Travel Stories - 2
Shelby County deputies charged with assault, placed on leave - 3
Four new luxury hotel openings in Italy you need to know about - 4
Toyota’s Next Big Sports Car Might Apparently Be a Turbocharged All-Paw Beast - 5
At least 30 killed in attack on Nigeria village
FOX8 Meteorologist Charles Ewing makes his 2025-26 winter weather predictions!
The Difficulties of Getting a Green Card in the US
Unfathomable and Entertaining Legal disputes That Surprise everyone
The Craft of Do-It-Yourself Home Stylistic layout: Change Your Space
Hand Skin Is Additionally Significant - What You Ought to Realize About Hand Cream
Iranian rockets hit Tel Aviv area, injuring six
My Dad Can't Travel Like He Used to, but Slowing Down Doesn't Mean Stopping
The Best Games On the planet
At least 36 dead in major fire in Hong Kong residential blocks













